Friday, December 31, 2010

Losing a Friend

It's sad that it takes death to realize how we should live. The day after Thanksgiving my 43 year old healthy neighbor died very unexpectedly. It was a shock and we were all saddened by the loss, but there is an ultimate comfort in knowing we will see our loved ones again. I am forever grateful for my knowledge of eternity and the plan of salvation.
Even though we miss people when they are taken from this earthly life, we gain great peace when we let the Lord heal our hearts.

The funeral service was so incredible and no one wanted it to end. It was such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman who lived her life serving her family and others. Teaching everyone along the way how to give.

I am sad that I didn't take the time to get to know her better, and as I listened to the many wonderful things people said about her I realized that I wanted to become a better person just for knowing her as I did.

I miss you, Debbie.

No comments: