Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gung Hay Fat Choy!



Happy Chinese New Year! Every year I make an "authentic" Chinese dinner to celebrate, and every year my kids groan. I almost didn't do it this year, but far be it from me to break from tradition! So, I made the most yummy Oyster Sauced Beef, Dim Sum Ravioli with Special Sauce, and an Asian Salad. Of course we ate with chopsticks and Becca pulled the coffee table around so we ate sitting on the floor (I think it's only Japanese style, but I didn't want to ruin her fun since she wasn't ruining mine!)






Here is the big news: THEY LIKED THE FOOD!! at least two of them did, and one of them tolerated it, which means only one went hungry. :) Andd yes, these photos are among the reasons I am not a food stylist or photographer!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Taking pictures of food is so hard. But I think your pictures look good! Next year I would like to bribe one of your children so that I could take their place at the feast.

Leeandra said...

Hello Bain family!
I have been reading the blog since you gave us the link at Christmas and it's really fun to read! It's really cool being able to see you guys and the kids in photos and hear recent stories. We hope to see you guys again very soon! The Chinese food looks delicious!
Love, Leeandra

HMichaelsen said...

sounds yummy Dayna!