Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break: The Bucket List

Since Dave injured his neck, we decided to scrap our two sets of plans for Spring Break (one was to go to Tahoe, and the other was to go to our place in Deer Valley to ski and visit friends). My sister and her daughter were "ashed in" because of Mt. Redoubt in Alaska. The ash from the volcano caused the airport to close periodically and they were with us for an extra 4 days! My mom made it back to Alaska with 35 minutes to spare (before they shut the airport down) so she missed out on the extra fun, but we all had a great visit. And, since my sister and niece were stuck here, it was perfect that we ended up staying in town. We dragged them everywhere we planned to go and had a great time doing stuff we'd never have had time to do with them otherwise. We accomplished most of my California bucket list over this Spring Break, so I am feeling pretty good in case I die soon! You never know what mad cow or crazy turkey vulture is going to attack next.
 

I was trying to figure out how to make this cool collage so you wouldn't have to scroll down a billion times to see all of the pictures! Now, thanks to Jill, all you have to do is double click on the picture to see everything blown up at once! Thanks, Jill.
 
Posted by Picasa
 


So, the official California bucket list included: the mystery spot, alcatraz, moaning caverns, ballooning, hike half dome, and so much more, but that is all I can think of right now!

1 comment:

jhoopes said...

So much fun! And I LOVE the collage! Nice work. :)