Monday, July 26, 2010

Santa Cruz and Monterey


We went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and saw Circo Brazil on the beach. The performers were great and the kids especially loved the trampoline gymnasts. The girls and I went on some rides while Dave and Ryan played mini golf. Andy was off to Trinity Alps with the Boy Scouts, so he couldn't come with us on this trip. We missed him!

I took Dave to the airport and he went away for business and I took the kids to our hotel in Carmel. In the morning we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.


At one point Ryan said that sharks were his 10th favorite animal. Now he says he doesn't like them at all... The little sand crabs looked like tweedle bugs with their antenae sticking out and wiggling while they dug.

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to bring dried seahorses back from vacations and I have always thought they were cute. These were amazing! And, the males have the babies!! Oh, why wasn't I a seahorse?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: