Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Alaina's 8th Grade Graduation

Well, another Bain is through with Walnut Creek Intermediate. I knew it would happen, just not so fast. Alaina had a fun time in middle school and made lots of friends. She learned a lot in and out of school and was exposed to a little more than I would have liked, but I guess that is to be expected. And I probably am a bit of a dinosaur anyway.
Andy remembered his graduation, just last year, and Becca thought about her upcoming graduation in two years. Ryan, however, couldn't have been more disinterested. I guess when you are going into 4th grade, graduating from 8th grade seems too far away. The Principal read all the names as the students crossed the podium and did his best not to slaughter the ones with only vowels or consonants. We live in a very diverse area and there are lots foreign names! I love the culture all around us here.
The house rule is no make up until the girls are 14 (none for the boys, ever!) but since Alaina has a late birthday, I let her wear some for graduation. She looked so beautiful and grown up. It truly seems like yesterday we were riding the Tube in London where she was born. I am so proud of her!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: