Thursday, April 28, 2011

Farmers are Underappreciated!


I admit it. I don't love gardening. I wish I did. I have lots of friends who do. For me, it's just not fun to dig out rocks that mysteriously appear each year and pour new dirt over old dirt, then dig holes and put tiny green plants in them.

Each year I try a few new things, cantaloupe, pumpkin, corn, zucchini, peppers, watermelon...and I will always have a little garden because we are supposed to be self reliant and somehow I think the tomatoes (which are the only thing I can consistently grow) will sustain us in the event of an emergency. We had fresh tomatoes until November last year!

It took me about 6 hours to do this tiny plot. I am so thankful I'm not a farmer. What an underappreciated profession!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: