Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Traditions 2011


Dave and I took the kids for our annual Christmas trek to San Francisco. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero and went to see the Macy's windows and Union Square tree.  It is such a beautiful time of year in the city.  

This year we continued our tradition of passing out dinner, scarves, and gloves to homeless people.  We gave out 30 bags of food and Dave and I enjoyed seeing the kids experience bringing happiness and a little joy to those in need.  I always wish we could do more, but at least it's something.



We went to the visitors center in Oakland and saw the nativity story and walked around the Temple grounds.  They do such a great job with the lights every year.  It was so peaceful.  And I had my 16th annual cookie swap and white elephant auction.  Yum.

I love traditions!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: