Dave, Leeandra, Becca, Alaina, Andy, Brian, Ryan, Cabo at the Heather Farm Dog Park in Walnut Creek.
- Health: although I just got over an ear infection and a sinus infection, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, Sherman's Disease, and Neuralgia Parasthetica, I am relatively healthy! I am so grateful for my hands that can type and my legs that can take me to the gym to work off all that turkey.
- Church: although I have a long way to go in my scripture study, I am thankful for the sacrifices that have been made so I can worship freely as I choose.
- Hair: although it always looks less than perfect, I am thankful to have thick hair.
- Children: although they often make me crazy, they are my life and I am so grateful to be their mom. They grow so fast and I already know I will have so many regrets. I have "Cats in the Cradle" going through my head all the time. I try to stop what I am doing whenever possible to savor these moments while my kids are young.
- Husband: although he is most often out of town, I am thankful for his ambition and drive to succeed. I am grateful for the sacrifices he makes for our family. I am lucky to have him.
- Friends: although I haven't been very good at keeping in touch lately, I am so thankful for wonderful friends who are such amazing examples and have endless talents. I have so much to learn!
Okay, back to Thanksgiving...my brother and his wonderful new wife of four months came from Oregon to be with us. They brought their cat, who didn't really love our dog, but pretty much stayed out of sight after her initial hissing fit.
The kids couldn't believe their dad let a cat in the house. She was really very sweet, just not to Cabo, so we left Lucy in the house and took him to the dog park. It was such a beautiful day and I still can't get over the weather here in California. It is the end of November and I am still picking tomatoes, lemons, and gardenias!
Our good friends Chris and Albert Aranda and Deven and Nancy Nicholson and their children all came for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a fun time visiting and eating. This was our best turkey ever. I even got compliments today (the 3rd day of leftovers !)
I love to be home for the holidays and am thankful for my many blessings!