Friday, November 21, 2008

The Bike

A few weeks ago Andy (my 13 year old) was on an overnight bike trip with a group of Young Men from our church. He somehow managed to get a stick stuck in his spokes which caused him to flip headlong over the handlebars and crash his bike. He managed to get back to the camp, but his bike was unusable. So, when I picked him up the next day he gave me handful of broken bike shifter parts. After getting an estimate of nearly $100 (the whole bike was only $250) my brilliant husband suggested taking it to the place we bought it, where we had purchased the extended warranty. No questions asked, they took the bike and said it would be ready in 3 days. After 2 trips to the store and 3 weeks of frustrating phone calls and waiting, it still wasn't fixed properly so I asked for a new bike. And got it! It never hurts to ask.

No comments: