Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gadgets



Okay, so I am a gadget gal. I love gadgets and have found the best one ever invented (for Christmas trees, that is). It is a 4-foot tall tube with a sensor stick inside that has a small styrofoam ball on the end of it. You fill your tree stand with water (the ONLY time this season you'll have to crawl under your tree and get pine needles and sap in your hair) and then hide the tube with the stick in it through the branches of your tree by sliding it into the tree stand. You make a mark on the stick so you know where the water level should be, then you forget about it for a day or so. You just glance at stick and when the water level is low, the styrofoam ball sinks a little and your mark will be lower, so you just pour water in the convenient clear funnel on the end of the stick and when the mark is above the tube, you know your tree has enough water...without getting your fingers stuck in the sap filled stand. Yes I have done that. I have to say, this is the best gadget I have seen all year! And the best $10 I have ever spent.

3 comments:

Robynn said...

So where do I get one?

Robynn V.

dayna said...

At Santa's Tree Farm in Half Moon Bay! I am sure you could find it on line, though.

Unknown said...

hey! i love the blog and can't wait to see more pictures and amazing stories! Keep us posted!
~guess who?