Tuesday, July 14, 2009

San Francisco Fun

Dave gave me a really nice watch for my birthday. So nice that I will probably be wearing it for the next 20 years. So nice that I really wanted to love it. So, I asked him if he loved it or just picked it out because it was there. It was really close to what I wanted, and I would have been very happy to keep it if he wanted me to, but he said it didn't matter and he wanted me to be happy with it for a very long time...so, I did the unthinkable and returned it...only after I did lots of research and found exactly what I wanted for four digits less!

So, I went to San Francisco to buy the watch and then I picked Dave up and we had a fun lunch date. We have sadly never done that and it was great. We went to North Beach and ate at Pantarei...the best pasta ever! Really, better than Venice. As we finished eating, we noticed Ciocoletti, a shop across the street. Now, I don't speak Italian, but doesn't that sound an awful lot like
chocolate?
Of course we went to investigate and discovered a wonderful candy store. I love the combination of Hot Tamales and Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate, and chocolate coverered cinnamon bears were on my list of things I'd been wanting to try, so that was my choice for dessert. They were TERRIBLE! Dave made a more sensible, safe choice. Something like coconut peanut brittle or something like that. He just had a small bite and saved the rest for later. Who does that? The shop was great and gave us free fudge samples and a free bag of yummy caramel corn. They have lots of funny gag things too, like a funny little squirrel wearing that nearly made me cry, for laughing so hard. That one may make an appearance at the cookie swap.
San Francisco has it all!

1 comment:

jhoopes said...

This cracks me up!! What a perfect duo. I love how you and Dave are different but just let each other be the way you are. :)