Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back To School

This year the kids seemed more ready to go back to school than usual. I wanted to park and walk Ryan in, but he calmly slipped out of the car and ran off to the playground, clearly needing no assistance from me. Then I took Andy to his first day of High School where an unhelpful person told us that because of funding cuts he wouldn't be able to have a 7th period, which essentially means he has early dismissal. When I asked if there was something we could do, she told us Andy could do community service with the extra hours. Like watering the little oak seedlings with the City Council in the open space wasn't enough. And helping friends pack for a move. And the 11 hours he spent in two days at Buena Vista Elementary and Grammercy House volunteering. Yes, he knows all about service and helping others...and now all he wants is an academic class...is that too much to ask? Apparently so. I left and he still has 6 periods. Oh well. Cabo and I walked Alaina and Becca to Middle School, where Alaina immediately went off to find her friends and Becca went to her homeroom door to be ready and found some friends waiting their too. I debated going home to take a nap (haha), but did my visiting teaching (I love you, Emily) and did Room Parent stuff for IV, and ran errands, and was nearly late for pick up. Never enough hours.

No comments: