Friday, October 16, 2009

GRRR

I was at home waiting for GE to come and fix my dishwasher between 8-12 and thought I'd do the HP online chat to fix my printer at the same time. So this is how the chat went:

Dayna Bain : My printer is not responding.
[An agent will be with you shortly.][You are now chatting with Harper .]

Harper : Welcome to HP Total Care Chat Support for All in One printer. My name is Harper. Please give me a minute while I review the problem description details.

Harper : 1. Make sure that the printer is ON.2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer. TAP the power button for 30 seconds and reconnect the power cord.3. Please let me know once done.

Dayna Bain : TAP meaning not press and hold?

Harper : It means press and release.

Dayna Bain : Okay, I did it.

Harper : Please go ahead and try to make a photocopy.

Dayna Bain : nothing happened.

Harper : Is the printer on?

Dayna Bain : yes

Harper : Please try to make a photocopy.

Dayna Bain : Nothing happened. There are four documents waiting to print.

Harper: 1. Make sure that the printer is ON.2. Take the cartridges out of the printer.3. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer.4. Press and hold "#" key and "6" key on the printer front panel. Meanwhile reconnect the power cord and then release the "#" and "6" keys after you reconnect the power cord. 5. Please let me know once done.

Dayna Bain : I did it.

Harper : Please go ahead and try to make a photocopy.

Dayna Bain : It is still not working.

Harper : After exhausting the troubleshooting I am afraid to say that this is a hardware issue with printer.

Dayna Bain : What does that mean?

Harper : Some internal circuitary of the printer has malfunctioned and it is not possible to exact the malfunctioning part online hence I recommend you to contact a technician in the proximity.

Harper : Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?document.write

Dayna Bain : I guess not. Thanks.

I love it when someone can't help you and ask if there is anything else they can help you with...apparently not!

During the chat at 10:42, I got a call from GE regretting to inform me that the technician didn't come in to work and neither did his partner, so they'll have to reschedule. I said I had been waiting nearly 3 hours already and was told that they had a lot of phone calls to make...

Not a productive morning!

2 comments:

Isom Crew said...

I hate it when that happens.

Chou said...

I think Harper was a robot.