Monday, November 16, 2009

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies (did you ever think I'd post it?)

So sorry for the wait...I know at least two people out there are desperate for this recipe, which really is a great alternative to anything chocolate and which my children actually do eat. In fact, we sometimes call these breakfast cookies because of the oatmeal. Hey, whatever works!

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 2/3 cups cinnamon chips (10oz bag)
3/4 cup raisins

Heat oven to 375 F. Beat butter and sugars until grainy, add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the butter mixture and beat well. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips, and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 F. Let cool on cookie sheet one minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before storing in airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 4 dozen, unless you eat alot of dough! This recipe is from Hershey's Kitchens.

1 comment:

John and Morgan said...

Yeah! I hope I was included as one of those "desperate" people. I love these! Now I just need to hunt down the cinnamon chips and have your magic touch!