Sunday, March 28, 2010

Miscommunications

A few weeks ago when we were in Tahoe, I got a call from a friend who had said she had seen a stranger walking our dog, Cabo. I immediately called another friend who was looking after him while we were gone to see if she knew what was going on. She said she had just come back from checking on him and found our sweet Cabo tied to the tetherball pole with a business card at his feet. Her first thought was to write a mean note to the guy for trespassing and tying up our dog while looking at our property (the business card was for a realtor). Luckily I called her before she did that because it turned out that our very clever dog had taught himself to jump against the gate to unhook the latch and squeeze through before it slammed shut, and the stranger who my friend saw walking him had found Cabo wandering around down the street! He had tied him up so he wouldn't get out again and left his business card so we'd know how to find out what happened.

THEN

This morning I came home from being away for a few days to find every single towel, pillow, blanket, air mattress, sleeping bag, sheet, and pillowcase in two huge piled up forts at opposite ends of our upstairs hallway. My first thought was, "Why is everything out? Put it all away, quick!!" But my visible reaction was, "Wow, looks like fun. Let's make sure you get it all put away after church because we need to get ready right now."
I thought Dave had made forts with the kids last night and that they had slept in them.

BUT

After church Dave came upstairs and said, " What is all this?!" I told him I thought he'd done it with the kids and he told me it wasn't there when he left at 8am. So he thought the huge mess was on my time. The kids cleaned everything up and it was absolutely not a big deal, but I was instantly reminded of how we often jump to conclusions and create misunderstandings due to lack of knowledge!

SO

The lesson learned is practice patience then get the scoop before you get psycho!

1 comment:

Isom Crew said...

So, was Cabo the one who pulled everything out?