Thursday, July 22, 2010

Arizona, part 2

After living on the West Coast for 10 years, we decided it was finally time to see the Grand Canyon. And we figured the kids were old enough not to jump in...it was close! We took an awesome helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon and I was so surprised how huge it really is. It is really green with lots of trees, too...I'm not sure what I was expecting, but not that! We loved being in a helicopter for the first time.


We took a shuttle bus to the Bright Angel trail and started to walk down the Canyon. It was 81 and sunny, but not too hot. Andy, Ryan and I hiked down about a 1 1/2 miles while Dave and the girls took the shuttle back to get the van. I got a call (while I was hiking) from my orthopedic who is supposed to do my hip surgery in a month...if I can walk up and down the Grand Canyon, do I really need surgery?! I will say the 1 1/2 miles back up was a little tougher...Andy took off and met Ryan and I at the top.


We stayed at the beautiful Hyatt Pinon Point, but unfortunately Dave had to fly New York for business meetings, so I took the kids swimming and to Telaquepaque to shop. Dave probably didn't miss the shopping part!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jhoopes said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Love all your pictures!