Saturday, September 12, 2009

What Happened After the Party


I have always called Becca my "sturdy girl" and this is why! About 30 minutes into her 6 hour birthday party, she hit her head. She said it didn't hurt but when I took a look I realized she'd need some medical attention. Left with no other options since Dave was in the air on the way back from Philadelphia and I was the only adult and couldn't leave, and because she truly was not in any pain and was acting fine, I decided to watch while the party continued. She didn't want anyone to know and we just kept moving her hair to cover the bloody gash...yuck, right? I was worried that she would have too big of a scar where hair wouldn't grow and she'd be forever embarrassed, so after everyone left at about 9:30 I took her to the ER. Within minutes they had us in a room and she had 3 staples in her head! She was so brave and didn't even make a peep. I was still filling out the paperwork when they were already finished with her...we were in and out of the ER in exactly 21 minutes! It was incredible...we love John Muir.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Fenima said...

Oh, how come Becca is so amazing? Can I adopt her? Just Kidding, you are totally a cooler mom. She is one tough cookie that Becca. At least she had a great better, the girls look fabulous and the party looks fun.

Shelley said...

Yikes-a-rama Woman! You are a MACHINE! Life is so crazy.

Isom Crew said...

Thought you might have a picture here. Poor baby. She is tough as nails.

Amy said...

Wow! Brave girl! The party looks like they had a great time!!